Plaise retenir, avocate à la Cour de Luxembourg Menu

A few tips on this subject

How can I recover alimony arrears?

The procedure varies depending on whether the debtor lives in Luxembourg or abroad.

The debtor lives in Luxembourg?

There are several ways to recover the arrear such as the seizure of the debtor's salary or bank account(s), or to initiate a payment order procedure.

The debtor lives outside Luxembourg, in or outside the EU?

The State General Attorney of Luxembourg will follow-up with the concerned authorities of the debtor's place of residence.

Contact me for help!

How can I recover rent arrears?

By requesting the Justice de Paix to condemn the tenant not paying the rent.

  • Send a request (letter) to the Justice de Paix of the place where the rented property is located (use the directory to find the competent Justice de Paix).
  • The judge will convoque all parties to expose their arguments.
  • Prior to the hearing, make sure to communicate to the other party all documents that you want to communicate to the judge.
  • In the same request, you can ask the judge to terminate the contract and to evict the tenant.
  • The tenant has caused damage to the property? You can ask the judge to condemn him/her to reimburse you for the damages (by use of the rental guarantee for example).

Let's talk about your case.

Haven't found what you were looking for?

Contact me!

Privacy policy

Cookies are used on this website simply to ensure you get the best experience and never to track you in any way. By continuing to use this website, you agree to their use.

I agree